Once you are ready to go live with your new embedded signing workflow in your app, you will need to follow this guide to generate your production API keys. These API keys have a validity of 1 year and can be extended upon request.
For generating your production API keys, we will be issuing you oAuth client keys that you can use to generate access tokens (essentially API keys) easily via Postman. Once you have received your oAuth2 client keys, follow these steps -
- You will have to first install Postman
- Click on "Authorization" tab and you will see a "Get New Access Token" button
- You will then see a form where you are required to fill in the oAuth2 client details
Here are more details on what each one of them should be -
name it something you like
Token Name: name it something you like
Grant Type: Authorization Code
Callback URL: http://localhost:8080/seredirect
Auth URL: https://api-ext.getsigneasy.com/oauth2/authorize
Access Token URL: https://api-ext.getsigneasy.com/oauth2/token
Client ID: from the one assigned to you
Client Secret: from the one assigned to you
Scope: user:read rs:read rs:create rs:update original:read original:create original:update signed:create signed:read signed:update files:read template:manage webhooks:manage rs:signingurl user:create
State: leave it blank
Client Authorization: Send client credentials in body
- Click on Request Token and you will see your access token generated which can be used as your API key in production.
- Generated API keys are valid for one year by default.
- You can regenerate new ones using the same steps above.
- When you regenerate a new API key, the old one would be invalidated for security reasons.
- This guide for generating production keys is applicable only if you are using Embedded Signing.
Updated 7 months ago